We are seeking a dedicated Parents Group Leader to create a supportive environment for parents in the Summer Hill Community.
- Collecting catering for events
- Helping people to sign into the venue
- Introducing participants to one another
- Support occasional speakers to set up for their talk/presentation
- Tuesday’s – 9am – 11.45am
- If you can’t volunteer every week, please still reach out as we may be able to partner you with another volunteer and share the role
Qualifications and skills:
You will have excellent communication skills, empathy, and organizational abilities. This volunteer position offers an opportunity to make a positive impact, gain leadership skills, expand your network, and enhance your parenting knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone currently on parental leave, a student studying childcare or education or anyone interested in bringing together a group of new parents together.
Why volunteer with us?
- Live happier, healthier and kinder – It’s our company mission and something we really believe in. People who “give” (volunteer their time or through their careers) have been reported to be happier and healthier than those who don’t.
- Participate in a range of training opportunities from mental health first aid, facilitation skill, public-speaking, cultural ally training and more.
- Find a new bunch of friends. Our small volunteer team is close-knit and great fun!