Event Co-Host Volunteer Opportunity
We are seeking a friendly and outgoing individual to serve as an Event Co-Host at the Little BIG House. As an Event Co-Host, your main responsibility will be to support participants in getting to know one another and fostering a sense of community during events. You will play a crucial role in creating a welcoming and inclusive environment where connections can be made. This volunteer position requires excellent interpersonal skills, a proactive attitude, and a genuine passion for building relationships.
- Attending events and supporting subject matter hosts
- Helping people to sign into the venue, find their way around
- Engaging in conversation with participants, introducing them to one another
- Being the representative of the Little BIG Foundation, explaining our mission, vision and logistics of the venue (training provided)
- 1+ hours per week
- Flexible times based on events and your availability. This role may be shared between several people.
Qualifications and skills:
We are looking for several warm and outgoing Inner Westies with good communication skills. The major skills needed is the ability to talk to strangers and put them at ease.
Why volunteer with us?
- Live happier, healthier and kinder – It’s our company mission and something we really believe in. People who “give” (volunteer their time or through their careers) have been reported to be happier and healthier than those who don’t.
- Participate in a range of training opportunities from mental health first aid, facilitation skill, public-speaking, cultural ally training and more.
- Find a new bunch of friends. Our small volunteer team is close-knit and great fun!
- You’ll get to be an active participant in the events you co-host. This could be anything from a chocolate tasting to a exercise class and we will accommodate your interests wherever possible!