Senior’s Group Volunteer Opportunity
As a Seniors Group Leader, you will play a vital role in creating a welcoming and engaging community for older adults. Your primary responsibility will be to promote socialisation, wellness, and community. This volunteer position requires excellent communication skills, empathy, and a genuine desire to enhance the lives of seniors.
- Engage in conversation with participants
- Collecting catering for events
- Helping people to sign into the venue
- Introducing participants to one another
- Support occasional speakers to set up for their talk/presentation
- Send reminder emails to participants
- Thursday fortnightly – 9.30am – 11.45am
- If you can’t volunteer every fortnight, please still reach out as we may be able to partner you with another volunteer and share the role
Qualifications and skills:
You will have excellent communication skills, empathy and interest in connecting with retired and older community members. Fellow retiree’s encouraged to apply but this position is not be limited to any age group.
Why volunteer with us?
- Live happier, healthier and kinder – It’s our company mission and something we really believe in. People who “give” (volunteer their time or through their careers) have been reported to be happier and healthier than those who don’t.
- Participate in a range of training opportunities from mental health first aid, facilitation skill, public-speaking, cultural ally training and more.
- Find a new bunch of friends. Our small volunteer team is close-knit and great fun!